N. Idaho permit scofflaws could see higher fines | News
Bonner County officials in northern Idaho are looking at increasing fines for residents who put up buildings without proper permits.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports that county commissioners at a public hearing on Wednesday will consider doubling the $80 fee charged to landowners who fail to get permits for construction.
Besides the initial fee, landowners who fail to get a permit are assessed $160 plus mileage for each additional visit county officials make to a site.
Upcoming Events near Idaho Panhandle
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputy under investigation for taking second job while on duty
- Sheriff's Office seeks youth for Explorers program
- Proposed bill could mean headache for medical marijuana dispensaries and patients
- Citizen's Academy addresses Officer Involved Shootings
- Prolific crime fighter retires to play fetch, take naps