Prosecutor: Pregnant wife's death included torture | News
Authorities in northern Idaho have filed modified criminal charges against a man accused of stabbing his pregnant wife to death to include torture.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports that prosecutors in an updated charging document filed late last month contend that Jeremy Keith Swanson, 27, meant to inflict extreme and prolonged pain on his wife out of vengeance or to satisfy a sadistic inclination.
Swanson is charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
Court records say Swanson told authorities he knew Jennifer Marie Bosch-Swanson, 27,� was 15 weeks pregnant when he stabbed her to death Dec. 18.
Police say the couple's 20-month-old daughter also was in the home at the time, but she wasn't harmed.
Upcoming Events near Idaho Panhandle
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputy under investigation for taking second job while on duty
- Sheriff's Office seeks youth for Explorers program
- Proposed bill could mean headache for medical marijuana dispensaries and patients
- Citizen's Academy addresses Officer Involved Shootings
- Prolific crime fighter retires to play fetch, take naps