Wolf Population Declines | News
The lastest population tallies of Wolves in Idaho show an 11 percent decrease across the state.
Last year, Idaho Fish and Game Commission increased bag limits, extended hunting seasons in some areas and allowed hunters to use electronic calls in an effort to reduce the wolf population. State Big Game Manager, Jon Rachael, says that the latest numbers are encouraging following efforts focused on reducing the wolf impact on livestock and big game animals.
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game says there were 683 wolves in 117 packs at the end of 2012, this is down from 746 wolves in 104 packs in 2011.
Upcoming Events near Idaho Panhandle
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputy under investigation for taking second job while on duty
- Sheriff's Office seeks youth for Explorers program
- Proposed bill could mean headache for medical marijuana dispensaries and patients
- Citizen's Academy addresses Officer Involved Shootings
- Prolific crime fighter retires to play fetch, take naps